So... I've started a blog. Never really thought I would be the "blogging" type. But, if I can put all my kids' pics, videos, favorite sites and recipes in one place, I may actually feel slightly organized..lol.
The first thing I'm going to post is what I hope to be one of those things that is going to help me "get organized". I am on a quest to make meals that my family will actually eat. Meals that I can actually prepare in a reasonable amount of time. Meals that are somewhat healthy. And, most importantly meals that won't cost more than $10 to make. Groceries are getting OUTRAGEOUS. And, I figure there has to be a better way to save at the checkout other than HOURS and HOURS and HOURS of coupon clipping, sale hunting, and grocery store hopping. So, this blog is going to help me on that quest.
Tonight was the first of (what I hope to be) many meals that my family of five enjoyed. We had miniature meatloaf, steamed veggies, and mashed potatoes. The cost was only $5.19! Here's the break down.
Ground turkey (20oz) $2.30 (0n sale at Kroger)
eggs (I already had)
oats (I already had)
1 can Manwich sauce divided $1.00 (on sale at Kroger)
1 bag frozen mixed veggies $1.33 (Kroger)
5 potatoes $.56
1/2 cup of milk (I already had)
butter for flavor (I already had)
The process:
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Place meat, one egg, half the can of Manwich sauce, and 1/2 cup of oats in a mixing bowl. Mix with your hands until all ingredients are blended thoroughly. Scoop out small sections of the mixture and form into mini-loafs. Place mini-loafs on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, pull the loafs out of the oven and top each one with the left over sauce. Place back in the over for 10 to 15 more minutes.
Steam the veggies, and season to taste.
Boil, drain, and mash the potatoes. Then, season to taste.
This meal was a hit with the hubs and all three kiddos. I will be doing this one again.
No comments:
Post a Comment